Sustainable building design is about reducing these impact by designing and constructing building that are appropriate for the climate ,have minimal environmental impacts, and are healthy and comfortable for building users. Goals to implement the sustainable building design.
Energy and emissions
- Incorporate passive design measures to maximize the use of natural ventilation , cooling and lighting.
- Strive for long term sustainability and energy security by installing renewable energy generation system.
- Maximize opportunities for public and active transport access to building.
Water and Wastewater
- Access alternatives water sources to reduce consumption of portable water.
- Phase out use of portable water in landscaping.
Indoor environment quality
- Incorporate materials and fittings that are not harmful to the health ,safety and well-being of building users.
- Use air handling and temperature control system that provide comfortable and healthy indoor environment.
- Ensure work areas have access to natural light and external views.
Waste and construction material
- Select material with the lower embodied energy and environmental impacts.
- Maximize reuse and recycling of construction and demolition waste.
One Angel Square
- The building’s façade is designed to be double-skinned, reducing cooling and heating costs.
- Underground concrete tubes were installed to bring in cool air via a heat exchanger.
- Inside, the stylish furniture are made of recycled waste pallets.
- Campus includes a central, ring-shaped building that runs completely on sustainable energy harvested by the solar panels that capped the spaceship-like megastructure.
- Canopies are installed between each floor to protect staffs from the intense California sun.
- Each canopy is further equipped with a ventilation system that dispenses air in and out of the building.