Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Younger (17)
- High School Student
Key Findings from the Interview
- What are your thoughts on the importance of sustainability?
- He believes that sustainability is important for our future generations. One will normally look out for themselves and forgot how the world will look in the future. The dangers are fueled by economic factors such as the mass production products in factories which pollute the Earth and the demand for natural resources which deplete the Earth. It is important to maintain sustainability to create a world that everyone can live in instead of creating one that humanity must attempt to fix.
- What are you actively doing to live in a sustainable way?
- He is carpooling to practice with his friends to save gas and reduce carbon emissions.
- What would you like to be able to do about sustainability?
- He would like to help create measures to maintain sustainability in production. He also wants to spread awareness about the topic. At a household level, he believes that each person should do their part to uphold a sustainable lifestyle. He would like it if people were more educated on the subject and adapted their lifestyle accordingly.
- Do you have any reservations or concerns about sustainability in the future?
- He is worried about the lack of regulation on companies concerning their emissions. Humans are the largest threat to sustainability. The Covid-19 Pandemic has made that clear in areas like Italy where canals were cleared and wildlife returned when humans were stuck indoors. Changes need to be made now before it is too late. Future generations will not be able to reverse the damage we cause at a certain point. Thus, they will be stuck with limited resources, climate change, and a potentially destroyed environment.