Why are we creating prototypes?
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving our product idea is:
- Question / Would you prefer to use a single-use tab or a tab that goes into a bottle that can hold multiple uses, during your shower?
- Question / Would you rather use your own bottle to house the shampoo or would you like to purchase a bottle to house the shampoo?
- Question / Would you use a tablet or a powder for conditioner?
- Question / Where would you expect to purchase this product?
- Question / Would you like to see packaging containing shampoo and conditioner individually or separately?
What product features are we prototyping? And why? What do we hope to learn from testing this feature?
- Prototype Feature 1 — Tablet shampoo and conditioner to help reduce waste. We hope to learn that we can effectively wash our hair while creating zero-waste.
- Prototype Feature 2 — Sustainable ingredients. We hope to learn which ingredients will work in the product to maintain sustainability and how they function after entering the water supply.
- Prototype Feature 3 — High quality performance of the products. We hope to still ensure that our customers are receiving high-end hair products while still purchasing sustainably and we hope to learn if this is a good feature.
- Prototype Feature 4 — The ability to buy refill packages that are low waste/biodegradable. We hope to promote the idea of zero waste and sustainability by only having biodegradable/low waste packaging.
- Prototype Feature 5 — The lid of the box for the product will be made of biodegradable material and contain flower seeds, which can be ripped up and planted by the customers once they are done with the product.
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
We plan to create a drawing of the shampoo and conditioner tablets and their box for other teams to see. We plan to gather their first impressions and initial ideas about the features of the product.