Why are we creating prototypes?
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving our product idea is:
- How would you use the notifresh device? Is it easy to use and understand?
- What do you think each layer of the notifresh sticker is used for?
- How would you use the notifresh stickers and device for reducing your food waste?
- How can our product better serve your needs?
What product features are we prototyping? And why? What do we hope to learn from testing this feature?
- notifresh device — utilize feedback to see if each screen makes sense and if it is easy to navigate between each one, learn about people's opinions of the usability of the device
- Color changing — utilize feedback to make the color-changing system visually clearer and make it more obvious on our notifresh device
- Texture changing — utilize feedback to change the bumpiness texture on our product (make it more obvious) and gain insight regarding necessity of this feature
- Time tracker — see if people understand how our stickers track the freshness/time left for food products, where to find this information
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
We plan to create sketches that illustrate:
- the tactile, auditory, and visual feedback the device and sticker communicate
- the various "pages/screens" our device has
- the layer composition of the sticker itself
- the connection between the sticker, device, and food product