Outline your testing protocol--a description of the steps that anyone on your team can follow to gather feedback from testing. It should include the following sections. IMPORTANT - You should not explain all the features of your service or app or lead your users thru a demonstration of its design features. For truly useful feedback, allow your users to interact with your prototypes and discover its features. Try to be an observer, not a tour guide. Answer any questions that come up as users interact with the prototypes, but keep in mind that asking "what do think will happen?" or "how do you think that might work?" will solicit very useful information about what's going on in the user's mind. Don't try to sell or pitch your product to your users. You're not trying to convince them that your product is good. Rather, you're hoping to learn from observing and hearing how they feel about your product. Then, after users have had a chance to explore your prototypes, you can ask about any specific issues that you'd like them to share their feedback on.
What will you share with your users to interact with?
For each feature that you're testing, how will you use your prototypes?
- Data Center
- Information Center
- Set-up assistant
- Community Forum
What will you ask them to do?
What will you ask users to do with your prototypes?
- Navigate the App
- Understand the statistics and information
- Change the Settings
What will you observe?
What you will be observing and noting as you watch users interact with your prototypes?
- How difficult is it to achieve requests? (Are they pausing or guessing incorrectly)
- Is the information easy to understand? (do they look confused or confident?
- Are they enthusiastic about our mission/concept?
What will you ask them to share feedback on after the testing?
What questions will you ask your users after they've had a chance to interact with and explore your prototypes?
- Do you see yourself using this app in the future? Would you subscribe for this service?
- What would you change about the amount or the content of the information shown?
- Would you be willing to use this service if you couldn't use solar?