Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Younger (15)
- High School Student (Sophomore)
- Lives in Suburban Housing
Key Findings from the Interview
- What services or apps do you use frequently and how do you use them?
- She uses Pokémon Go to compete with her family and friends over who has the best Pokémon. She uses Snapchat to talk to her friends and post her life. She uses TikTok to entertain herself when she is bored and there is nothing else to do. She uses Instagram to post her thoughts as well. She uses SHEIN to look at clothes and find a unique style.
- She uses Uber frequently to transport her boyfriend from place to place.
- Why do you use them specifically and what do they do well or do poorly?
- She uses them the most because she is most comfortable with them. They have an easy interface and help people connect, especially amid the pandemic. She does not think that any of them do anything poorly.
- What attracted them to try the service or app?
- She was attracted to Snapchat and Instagram because they were popular. She was attracted to TikTok because it was fun to make videos.
- She was attracted to Uber because it was the easiest way to get around.
- How often do you use the apps or for how long?
- She uses Snapchat and Instagram everyday for about 2 hours each.
- She uses TikTok for about 3 hours everyday.
- She uses Uber whenever she needs their service.
- Is there any improvements that you think they need? If so, what are they?
- She thinks Snapchat needs to stop updating because they are making their app worse.
- Are there any services or apps that you would like to see?
- No, there are not any services or apps that she would like to see.