Point of View Statement
Enter a refined POV statement that succinctly describes the essential user needs that you're designing a solution to provide. This will likely be based on your earlier POV statements, but may have evolved and updated based on your continued exploration and refining of your understanding of the problems throughout the Ideating phase of the design thinking process.
[Keen Kirito] needs [a resourceful and private place to read and study] because [he finds it hard to focus in an open space, and he doesn't have many resources at home].
Design Program / Goals
The design goals that our team has chosen to target as we address the needs that we've identified include:
- General Efficiency
- It is measured by how much power we use to operate the building, and how much of that cost is avoided/reduced by sustainable means.
- Target: Limiting our energy usage by using natural lighting and insulation
- It is measured by the amount of space each person has, the amount of seating, the designated spaces, the temperature regulation, the safety of the space, and the noise level.
- Target: Ensuring comfort for the guests
- Tablets to reduce paper usage:
- It is measured by the amount of books we do not use and thus the amount of trees we save.
- Target: Reduce paper waste by eliminating paper books from the library