Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Younger (17)
- Fast Food Worker
- High School Student (Senior)
- Lives in Suburban Housing
Key Findings from the Interview
- How do you use community spaces?
- He uses them for exercise.
- What community spaces do you use specifically?
- He uses public skate parks.
- What do you do there?
- He socializes with his friends and practices his skateboarding.
- Why do you use these community spaces versus other spaces with similar activities? (What do they do better?)
- He uses some skate parks over others because he likes certain obstacles more and he prefers ones that have shaded areas.
- What are the most attractive aspects of the spaces you like?
- He prefers places that have shade and social activities occurring.
- What are the least attractive aspects of these that you don't like?
- He does not prefer places that have poor activities occurring, bad behavior, and drug use.
- How often do you typically use these spaces and for how long?
- He uses them a couple times a week for a couple hours each time.
- If you could, what would you change about these spaces and why?
- He would improve their cleanliness and upkeep the spaces (ie. fill cracks) to keep them nicer for people.