Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Younger (17)
- High School Student (Senior)
- Lives in Suburban Housing
Key Findings from the Interview
- How do you use community spaces?
- She uses them to get exercise, get outside, and to play with her dog.
- What community spaces do you use specifically?
- She uses public parks; a community center with a gym, tennis courts, and library; and RC Art Community where you can engage in artistic opportunities.
- What do you do there?
- She exercises and plays at the park.
- Why do you use these community spaces versus other spaces with similar activities? (What do they do better?)
- She uses them because they are free and accessible to everyone.
- What are the most attractive aspects of the spaces you like?
- She prefers places that are tailored to the community. Whatever the community votes on, those spaces do.
- What are the least attractive aspects of these that you don't like?
- She does not prefer places that are crowded.
- How often do you typically use these spaces and for how long?
- She uses them biweekly and for multiple hours.
- If you could, what would you change about their spaces and why?
- She would not change anything. She likes the way they do things.