Point of View Statement
Enter a refined POV statement that succinctly describes the essential user needs that you're designing a solution to provide. This will likely be based on your earlier POV statements, but may have evolved and updated based on your continued exploration and refining of your understanding of the problems throughout the Ideating phase of the design thinking process.
[Student Sam] needs [a sustainable and comfortable study area] because [he finds it difficult to focus in existing study areas that are noisy, dark, and crowded but he doesn't like working in his dorm because it is small and he can't connect with others. In addition, he is looking for a place that is sustainable and reuses materials.]
Design Program / Goals
The design goals that our team has chosen to target as we address the needs that we've identified include:
- Alleviating people's mental wellbeing
- We will check the number of people who utilize our "button" room and interact with our atrium plant walls
- Reducing water usage and conserving water
- We will measure the gallons of water that we convert from rainwater to clean, usable water (including the plant system, kitchen faucet, and bathroom faucet)
- Providing a collaborative and private workspace
- We will determine how many people utilize our retractable walls to have privacy while being in our study room
- We will see how many people use our sliding, collaboration screens to work with others in the open area of the "button"
- Creating a comfortable and relaxing environment
- Using green lights to generate a relaxing atmosphere while providing adequate light for studying