Who Did You Interview?
- I interviewed my mom.
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Older than me (49 years old)
- Financial Investment Consultant
- Lives with her husband and child
- Lives in a suburban city
Key Findings from the Interview
- What spaces/places do you use in your day-to-day life?
- What features define your working environment?
- What features define your living environment?
- How can you make your living environment/workspace more sustainable?
She uses the bathroom very often for going to the restroom and for dressing up. She also enjoys going to the backyard to work on her garden and to relax. She goes to the bedroom to relax.
Since she works from home, she has turned her bedroom into a small office. She has meetings on her monitors and also has a large setup. She has a lot of space to work with and has 3 cabinets to store her clients' files. She uses her computer a lot to contact her clients and to send emails to her coworkers.
She enjoys the fact that our house is on one floor because it makes it very easy to navigate. In addition, she lives with a lot of room so it is always comfortable for her. She believes that having a comfortable bedroom is key which is why she has spent a lot of money buying comfortable furniture.
She can her living environment more sustainable by reducing the amount of electricity she uses. Since she has a solar roof, she's also being sustainable during all times of the day. She'll collect water to water her garden plants.