Point of View Statement
Enter a refined POV statement that succinctly describes the essential user needs that you're designing a solution to provide. This will likely be based on your earlier POV statements but may have evolved and updated based on your continued exploration and refining of your understanding of the problems throughout the Ideating phase of the design thinking process.
[Anxious Adam] needs [a commercial space designed to not overstimulate the senses(by being less crowded, less noisy, not as bright, with not as strong smells)] because [He wants to comfortably join commercial shopping places ]
Minimum Viable Product
Our design is a [a commercial space designed separate from the rest of the shopping mall, with a calmer nuance to not overstimulate the senses].
The essential design features that must be present to deliver value and meet the challenges of this POV statement include:
- Dim, natural lighting
- Sound-proof walls, (individual, single-person rooms?)
- Basic sensory items of various textures, try to keep them all "safe" ones
- unscented cleaning products & such minimize the smells
- A bit of calm nuance with waterfall sound and a few greenery
- With a limited number of people
- Rick Lee
- typical resting style in the middle of the shopping mall
- maybe 4 of these in the mall, main, small, outside, connected to another mall
- people want to rest halfway in the mall
- do not put the walls or make the walls innovative that makes people inside not constrained.
- Moustafa Banbouk
- sounds cool, maybe the fountain or pond is interesting. not a big one but a medium one.
- it could be open and close at the same time.
- in my country in Lebanon, there is a similar place,
- Nicole McKellar
- putting walls will make it claustrophobic
- I like the pond, but it is better to have a grassy area as well.
- to have a sound barrier
- to having light at night
- to have a place for water during hot time
- Air Sussman
- you cannot limit sensory because the reason for the mall is for crowd
- you may want to limit the color.
- keep the design comparably simple.
- a space for stargazing
- rainy days can use for a place to rest
- a good place to rest for private but open
- Olivia Doman
- I like the idea where we can actually have a calm space
- I like this place to be a calm space
- I would suggest the name to be calm space
- Anna Christina
- I feel like people will want to eat some food
- would you want people to come to the place?
- I like the idea that this will be a resting area
- the rooftop might get heated, what would you do about this?