To use the Building Modeling Environment, you’ll need a laptop computer with:
- 4 GB of RAM
- 30 GB of free disk space
- Windows 8 64-bit operating system (or a newer version -- Windows 10)
You will also need Administrator privileges that allow you to change or update the software installed on your computer.
If you do not have Administrator privileges for your computer, please check with your computer support organization on your campus and ask them to enable Administrator access for you before bringing your laptop computer to Stanford.
Additional requirement for Mac users only:
If you use a Macintosh computer, you’ll need to install a copy of the Windows operating system using:
- Boot Camp, or
- a virtualization environment such as Parallels Desktop for Mac or VMWare Fusion
- Preparing to Install Windows on a Mac
- Installing the Windows OS
- Setting Up the Building Model Creator Environment