Install the Revit 2022 Software
- Go to the Windows OS environment on your computer:
- On your Windows computer
- In Bootcamp
- Or in your Parallels virtual environment
- Use your web browser (Chrome is preferred) to go to the Students section of Autodesk Education Community website and click the Get Products button:
- Scroll down to the tile for the software you want to install.
- Click the Get Started link (if you haven't already signed in) or the Get Product link
- Click the INSTALL button
- IMPORTANT: If you see a DOWNLOAD button (instead of INSTALL), the Autodesk website has detected that you cannot install the software directly because you are in the wrong environment. This typically happens when you try to install Windows software from the Mac enviornment.
- If this happens, it's typically better to switch to the Windows environment and let the Autodesk installer do all the work.
- If you choose to Download the files to the Mac environment, you'll need to copy them over to the Windows file system, and do a manual install there by following these steps:
Student and Education Software | 1-Year License | Autodesk Education Community
Your privacy is important to us and so is an optimal experience. To help us customize information and build applications, we collect data about your use of this site. May we collect and use your data? Learn more about the Third Party Services we use and our Privacy Statement.
- If you receive an error message indicating that the software could not be installed automatically (typically due to network or firewall issues), you may need to download the installer file and run it manually.
- Return to this Software Downloads site, and choose the Download Now option from the pull-down menu to download the installation files using the Autodesk Download Manager. When the download is completed, the installer should automatically open.
- If the Revit installation software appears to get stuck during install process, don't give up. WAIT PATIENTLY — the installation can take up to an hour to complete, depending on your network speed.
Activate Your Software
- When you open the Autodesk software for the first time, you will be prompted to login using your Autodesk ID to confirm your eligibility to use the software.
Install the Autodesk Sample Content Libraries
Revit 2021 and newer releases DO NOT install the Autodesk Sample Content Libraries as part of the default installation, so you need to install the sample Revit families separately. You can do that two ways:
If your disk space is limited, you may want to download these Revit families as needed -- one at a time. To to that:
- Open Revit Application.
- Switch to the Insert tab in the ribbon, and open the Load Autodesk Family tool (Insert > Load from Library > Load Autodesk Family).
- Browse or search for the Revit Family that you’d like to load, then click the Load button.
If you have disk space available, it’s typically more convenient to download and install the entire Autodesk Content Library (which includes all the sample Revit families) on your computer all at once. To do that:
- Download the US English Content for Revit 2022 using this link:
- Or, if you prefer to download the content for a different language, use this link:
- Run the RVTCPENU.exe (or app with a similar name for the language you selected), and accept the default choices to install the Autodesk Content Library in your Revit application.
Autodesk Revit 2022 Content
The below information and links represent the Content Packs provided for Revit 2022 and Revit LT 2022 in all supported languages and locales.
Install all Updates to Autodesk Software
After installing the Revit application, be sure to run the Autodesk Desktop App from the Autodesk folder in your Start menu to install the latest product updates.
- Close the Revit application.
- Open the Autodesk Desktop app.
- Go to the Updates tab and click ALL of the Update buttons to install ALL of the Revit-related product updates and Revit extensions.
If your software is already up-to-date, the list of available updates may be empty.