In this test, you'll open an existing Revit architectural model, then link it to a Revit structural model of the same project to display the architectural elements in the structural model.
Steps to Follow
- Open the Revit 2021 application.
- Open the Revit home page, then click the Open... button in the Models section of the navigation bar.
- Navigate to the folder where you've downloaded the testing files on your computer, then open this folder:Global_AEC_Install_Testing\Test 3 - Link these Revit Models
- View the Architectural Model:
- Open this Revit project: MixedUse-Architectural.rvtNote that this model contains only the architectural elements in the proposed design.
- Close the MixedUse-Architectural project.
- Open this Revit project: MixedUse-Structural.rvt
- Open the Insert > Link > Link Revit tool.
- Navigate to the Test 3 - Link these Revit Models folder.
- Select the MixedUse-Architectural project file.
- Choose Auto - Internal Origin to Internal Origin from the Positioning pull-down menu.
- Click Open.
- Remove the current link with the incorrect positioning:
- Open the Manage > Manage Links tool.
- Select the MixedUse-Architectural project file from the list of links.
- Click the Remove button.
- Repeat Step 6 to link the architectural model using the Auto - Internal Origin to Internal Origin option.
- Open the 3D View: View 1 - Architectural. In this view, you can edit any of the structural elements in the main model. You can also see (but not edit) the architectural elements in the linked model.
- Open the Level 3 - Architectural floor plan view. Look for a message to confirm your success.
Test 4: Open a Cloud Revit Model within Revit