In this test, you'll open a shared Cloud Revit model from within the Revit application.
Steps to Follow
- Accept the Email Invitation to the Shared BIM 360 Project
- Before you can complete this test, you must:
- Send Renate and the course assistants your Autodesk ID to get invited to the shared project on BIM 360.
- Accept the email invitation from Autodesk to join the BIM 360 project.
- Use your web browser to open the BIM 360 web interface at: https://docs.b360.autodesk.com
- Login with your Autodesk ID.
- Open the CEE 222 - Global AEC Testing 2021 project.
- Navigate into the Project Files folder and confirm that you can see this Cloud Revit model in the list: Arch_Model v2021.rvt
- Close the BIM 360 web interface.
- Open the Revit 2021 application.
- Important: Sign in to the BIM 360 Cloud services using your Autodesk ID by choosing Sign In from the Account menu at the upper right corner of the Revit application window.
- On the Revit Home screen, click the BIM 360 link in the navigation bar at the left side of the screen.
- When you click the BIM 360 link, the right side of the screen should display:
- A pull-down menu at the top of the screen which includes the projects that you are a member of.
- A list of the folders and files contained within the selected project. At the top level, this list includes folders named Plans and Project Files.
- If the BIM 360 link doesn't appear on your Revit Home screen, or if CEE 222 - Global AEC Testing 2021 project doesn't appear in the pull-down menu of projects, please email the course assistants to get your Autodesk ID added to the BIM 360 project.
Test 5: Edit a Cloud Revit Model and Synchronize Changes